Veteran actor Brijendra Kala opens up about his film Mandali

Actor Brijendra Kala, who is known for his Hindi films like Shubh Mangal Savdhaan, Gulaabo Sitaabo, Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein, Sherni and Aankhon Dekhi, will be next seen in Mandali. Helmed by director Rakesh Chaturvedi Om, the film stars Rajniesh Duggall, Aanchal Munjal, Abhishek Duhan and set to release on October 27.

Mentioning that his character is inspired from real life "people who work in Ramleela plays", he added, “It was a fabulous experience shooting in Mathura, my hometown, for this film. The story really attracted me because I used to watch Ramleela performances in my childhood. So, shooting this film reminded me of my childhood days in the most joyous and memorable way. I truly relived my childhood."

Talking about his character, he stated that he will be playing a librarian named Naushad. “Although he is a Muslim character, he is so immersed in Ramleela plays. This character is not just placed in the film to show diversity for the sake of it, but is actually inspired by people that our director, Rakesh ji, has seen in real life. This is the beauty of this film because it mirrors the reality of our society,” he said.

Brijendra said that the film will focus on how some corrupt people use Ramleela and artists to their benefit.

The film is backed by Prashant Kumar Gupta, Geetika Gupta and Neetu Sabarwal of Reltic Pictures.



from Cinemaexpress - News - https://ift.tt/Q7vrjhx https://ift.tt/ijLN0le
via IFTTT