Ranbir Kapoor: I am on the side of those fighting against toxic masculinity

Ranbir Kapoor, at an online interaction with fans recently, addressed the criticism he faced after his wife actor Alia Bhatt revealed in an interview that he doesn’t like when she wears lipstick and asks her to “wipe it off”. Ranbir stated that he is on the side of those fighting against toxic masculinity and how his image is “owned by the public.”

“Recently, I was reading an article about being toxic and something relating to some statement I made, and I understand. Listen, I am on your side. Whatever you are fighting against this toxic masculinity, I am on the side of people who are fighting for it. So, if they want to use me as a face, I am fine because their fight is bigger than just me feeling bad about them having an opinion on what I said,” Ranbir said. He added that he looks at a larger picture and doesn’t feel bad for himself as he believes he has “lots to feel grateful about”.

Ranbir also said that he is not on social media so he remains unaffected by the negativity on it. But he went on to say that this negativity is “important” as it creates “balance.”

“I feel negativity is very important especially if you are an artist and if you have some work out there I think both need to exist because then that creates a balance. You know sometimes a lot of things are written about you as an actor, a lot of opinions are made which are not necessarily true and if you take it for a pinch of salt because this image of mine which has been created by the movies or the characters I play or by media is something that I don’t own,” he said.

Further stating that his purpose is to act, he said, “It’s (my image) is owned by the public, it’s owned by people who like my work or dislike my work and they are allowed to say anything about me as long as they give my work a chance you know as long as I can prove to them as an actor and that has always been my focus - to act.”

This was not the first time Alia and Ranbir faced backlash from the public. Earlier in an interview with Vice, the Highway actor had revealed that Ranbir does not like it when she raises her voice. She said, “I have to try very hard to control my anger because my husband does not like it when my voice goes above this decibel. Because he thinks it’s not fair and it’s important to be kind even when you are unhappy.”

Ranbir will next be seen in Sandeep Reddy Vanga’s Animal, while Alia has Jigra with Vasan Bala in the pipeline.



from Cinemaexpress - News - https://ift.tt/A12oLCQ https://ift.tt/ObNEoWl
via IFTTT